[Heath] HW-101 VFO questions.

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Apr 14 11:23:00 EDT 2018

On 14 Apr 2018 at 8:46, Dave Edwards wrote:

> I could be wrong, but....
> Built my own HW101, and had many go through here since.
> Never heard of anything being glued in the rig.
> ....Dave

Me either....at the time....but the PDF complete manual I have here for the HW-101
specifically calls for that large temperature compensating disk-ceramic cap which has the
polystyrene cap soldered across it, and which are mounted right next to the coil to be glued
to the side wall nearest it.

And there is some "cement" called out in the parts list.

The size and weight of that big disk would definitely contribute to VFO instability when the
HW-101 was used mobile, but would never be a problem in a fixed-station use.

If you would like, I'll break out those pages of the manual  which I have here which deal with
that and send you copies by e-mail.

Let me know.

vy 73,

Ken W7EKB