[Heath] DX-60

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Thu Feb 1 14:20:14 EST 2018

BTW, while you are at it, there is at least one very worthwhile mod you may wish to make to
your DX-60: the MODE switch switches the HV power supply center-tap from ground to
open, as I remember it, going from any operating mode to standby.

There is always an arc at those contacts and in time, those contacts get burnt away. There
are no replacement mode switches available.

So, what we do is to install a small relay to do the "heavy switching" and use those contacts
on the mode switch to operate the relay.

I can find details for this mod for you if you think it would be a good idea to incorporate that.

There are other common mods to the DX-60, some of which improve the quality and
quantity of the audio in the AM mode. Most of those are worthwhile.

The DX-60 can be easily used to drive a small linear amp like the SB-200 to full legal limit
for AM, about 250 watts.

Ken W7EKB

---