[Heath] Alignment Help Needed

James Owen k4cgy at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 21:40:37 EST 2018

It's even easier than that Glen.  Simply connect the frequency counter to the output of the VFO or the output of the following buffer through a small capacitor.  Then set the VFO (either RX or TX) to 50 MHz and the frequency counter should read 8.333 MHz, tune the VFO to 54 MHz and the counter should read 9.000 MHz.  If not then adjust the proper cap or coil to bring it onto the frequency.  This will have to be done quite a few times to "walk" it on frequency.  Back when this was made very few Hams had a counter and I was one, though I had use of the ones at work.  Now about everybody has at least one, I think that I have seven or eight!
73 Jim
 James C. Owen, III K4CGY