[Heath] HeathKit SB-300

Guy Giacopuzzi gggdds at js-net.com
Sat Jun 30 19:32:14 EDT 2018

Some thoughts.....Have you checked the tubes associated with the tuned
circuits that are tuning weirdly?  Or better yet done replacements with
known good/new ones?  But if this is/just/ associated with the 10 and 15
meter bands, and as you said, the coils were damaged, getting a shot--a
photo--of a known, unmolested coil would allow you to perhaps rewind the
coils per spec.  At the moment, I don't have any 301's handy to open up,
but if someone else on the list doesn't respond, let me know....I have,
I think two 301's...and I'm not sure of the diff's between the 301 and
300....I don't have any 300's.....Remember too to suspect the xtal's as
I've had xtal's go bad--10 meter one's incidentally--on my 303'....and
there, I'm afraid, the only substitute besides one off a donor rig, is
one of those synthesis xtal replacements, which, with the need to power
them, are a real hassle in a vintage rig...

Guy

WA6OQQ