[Heath] More on HW-101 VFO

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Mon Mar 5 20:47:46 EST 2018

Thanks for the advice, folks.

The subject VFO is defective. Output disappears after the VFO is well-warmed up.

A "spare" VFO, substituted for the suspect one works perfectly and makes the rig work as it
should.

Measuring the voltage at the emitter of the BJT "zener", I get 11.8 VDC in the good VFO. I
have not yet checked that in the suspect one but will asap.

Does anyone know, for certain, what that voltage should be? Or to put the question another
way, does anyone know, for certain, what REAL Zener diode one would use to replace the
BJT emitter-base junction?

Ken W7EKB

---