[Heath] SB-200 amp on AM

Mike MLF42 at Q.com
Tue May 15 20:14:31 EDT 2018

Ray...I use my Titan 425 on AM but it has a 100% duty cycle at 1000
watts...The SB-200 doesn't have near that much head room...You'll need
to determine what the 100 % duty cycle power level is and then reduce it
by about 33% for the AM carrier level.  Tune it up with CW  and then
drive it with an AM carrier to that power level..I suggest you
experiment carefully. You will find that more cooling will be
required...I've done this with my Titan and the SB-220..Both worked
pretty well...A friend tried it with his FL-2100...Not so much... He had
to add an additional fan and decided it wasn't such a good idea.....No
sure, but the manual may address this issue...Be careful..Proceed
slowly.

Mike AA7WU

---
http://www.avg.com