[Heath] DSB...

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat May 19 19:34:07 EDT 2018

OK. I did some research: generating a DSB signal requires a balanced modulator
somewhere in the system.

In one case I remember, the two 1625s in an "ARC-5" transmitter were used as a
direct-to-antenna DSB transmitter.

The screens were fed push-pull audio, while the plates were parallel-connected. As I
remember it, an oscilloscope was required to get it adjusted properly.

DSB is far more complex than the simple controlled-carrier systems in our simple
transmitters.

If anyone here is interested, here is a link to the "Double-Sideband Junior" from GE Ham
News of March-April 1958.

http://n4trb.com/AmateurRadio/GE_HamNews/issues/GE%20Ham%20News%20Vol%2013
%20No%202.pdf

Ken W7EKB