[Heath] DSB...

ChrisIwata chrisiwata at aol.com
Sat May 26 15:46:53 EDT 2018

Chuck

I did some research, and looks like you're right.

With suppressed (reduced) carrier DSB the carrier level stays the same
with modulation.  Unbalancing the
balanced modulator in a side band scheme doesn't imply the carrier goes
up with the modulation.

With controlled carrier AM the carrier rises with the modulation. But
unless well designed, not linearly.

Still, I think I was right about saying both can be demodulated with an
envelope (AM) detector.  However, I've read that if the AM receiver uses
AGC,  carrier controlled AM usually sounds bad

Tnx

Chris