[Heath] RTO Status And My SB-102

Rich Sahlender wa3wlh at comcast.net
Fri Nov 9 14:19:26 EST 2018

Thanks for all of the suggestions guys. Some family and work things have
kept from catching up on reading these and responding until just now.

With regard to the receive I can confirm that the mechanical mechanism
that moves the dial pointer was repaired by someone at some point. It is
difficult to get it to work properly without slipping. I do not recall
whether the tuning feels stiffer at one end or the other. With regard to
transmit I should have thought to check neutralization at low power
before attempting to crank it up. I was in a hurry... hopefully that is
the issue since it is such an easy fix.

I have noted all of the other advice and will report back progress in a
few weeks when I get a chance to open it up on the bench again.

Tnx es 73 de Rich WA3WLH