[Heath] AR-3 issues

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Fri Oct 19 14:54:22 EDT 2018

On 19 Oct 2018 at 14:42, Fred wrote:

> I had this problem with an AR-2. At first I thought it was supposed to
> be 1:1. I removed the tuning cap and soaked the shaft with Liquid
> Wrench. It took a lot of working it free by hand but it works smoothly
> now. It´s a planetary drive with three small ball bearings. There´s no
> way I  see  to  disassemble it without destroying it.

I agree. OK. I'll try that method first, then maybe something else if that doesn't work

> Unfortunately, I
> need the vernier dial for my AR-3 also. I have the brass shaft bushing
> but the plastic disc is cracked in half. I hope to try and fashion
> one.

>From what I have seen, at least half of all the AR-3s that show up on eBay are missing that
dial. After all, one has to remove that dial to either put the cabinet on or take it off.

Mine is missing the brass bushing, but, like you, Fred, I am going to try to make a dial if I
can't find one from a junker.

Thanks,

Ken W7EKB