[Heath] AR-3 issues

Fred wa3kio at comcast.net
Fri Oct 19 14:42:02 EDT 2018

I had this problem with an AR-2. At first I thought it was supposed to be 1:1. I removed the tuning cap and soaked the shaft with Liquid Wrench. It took a lot of working it free by hand but it works smoothly now. It’s a planetary drive with three small ball bearings. There’s no way I  see  to  disassemble it without destroying it.
Unfortunately, I need the vernier dial for my AR-3 also. I have the brass shaft bushing but the plastic disc is cracked in half. I hope to try and fashion one.

Fred
WA3KIO

Sent from my iPhone