[Heath] Heathkit AV-3 Audio VTVM

Richard raitchd at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 14:31:25 EST 2019

I have the above referenced VTVM that is displaying a problem. The meter
reads full scale pegged for all ranges regardless of open or shorted
input or any other voltage input. I recall reading somewhere that this
could be caused by internal oscillation in the meter circuitry. I don't
know how to go looking for that problem.

I would like more information on that problem and how to find it. Also I
would like any other suggestions on what to look for. I have a copy of
the schematic but not the manual or the voltage reference chart that is
usually included with Heath products. If anyone has a .pdf copy of the
manual including the voltage chart, I would appreciate receiving it.

Thanks to all.

Richard

KC9UB