[Heath] Problems with HW-101 - a possible solution

Gordon Gwillim ve5uj at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 18 22:26:18 EST 2020

 Hi Ken. Reading other contributions to this thread I am getting a better handle on the mentality of the kit building folks.  I "inherited" an HW100 from a senior that I had been in contact with for over 20 years.  Another ham and I divided up the equipment that Dan had left for us and I took home the HW100.  Got to it about a year later to discover that it indeed was "new" and the VFO was "way off in the hinterland" so could not possibly ever have ever worked properly.  Old Dan was a bit like me in that the philosophy was something like "I'll get around to troubleshoot that thing someday".  We got working on a new repeater in the district and he was so involved that he didn't get back to the 100.  The repeater was very successful in 1975 and has been a tribute to Dan ever since. Best wishes for success with the 101, Ken.
Greetings of the Season and thanks for the great stories 73Gordon, VE5UJ