[Heath] Heathkit SB-644A, Remote VFO Cables

Kenneth G. Gordon kgordon2006 at frontier.com
Sat Oct 9 18:39:50 EDT 2021

On 9 Oct 2021 at 22:28, Bob G3OOU via Heath wrote:

> Hi Ken
>
> RG62 is 93ohm coax with a much lower unit capacitance than RG58. I used
> RG62 coax on a low loss RF scope probe which is documented on my
> technical web site.
>
> Heathkit used RG62 for the interconnections on the SB301/401.

Hello again, Bob. It is always nice to hear from you.

I think I noted that last in my reply, although I was way off on the characteristic impedance.
Thanks for the correction.

BTW, for those who might be interested, I have a fairly big roll of RG-62, new, here in the
original box. Maybe 100 feet, maybe more. I haven't looked at it in several years.

I own an SB-301/401 pair here and plan to use them "transceiver" wise, soon. I have always
really liked the SB line.

Ken W7EKB