[Heath] Fwd: Fwd: Final transistors for SB 104A

Chris Iwata chrisiwata at aol.com
Wed Sep 22 16:06:35 EDT 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Heath] Fwd: Final transistors for SB 104A
Date: 	Wed, 22 Sep 2021 12:56:01 -0700
From: 	Chris Iwata <chrisiwata at aol.com>
To: 	ka9dzr at aol.com

If you luck out and find some,  bear in mind that you have to buy
matched pairs.

Theoretically, you have to buy matched quads.  But you can probably be
OK with matched pairs

Expect to pay a premium, those  stud mount RF transistors haven't been
made for at least 20 years. A guess would be at least $50 each

Your best bet is to buy a junked SB104

The SB104 will become unrestorable due to unavailability of the Final
transistors, the Nixie tubes, the Nixie driver IC, and the voltage
regulator IC.

Chris, KL7DM