[inet-ops] Anycast stability experiment results?

Joe Provo jzp-inetops at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Dec 15 23:50:50 EST 2004

By the way, has there been any initial data from the near-month of
data being collected by users of
   http://rip.psg.com/~randy/anycast_gatherer-1.4.tar.gz
...or where should we watch for more details, since presumably one
if not more locations of its announcement is not likely to be
re-visited by the authors?

randy had said:
> [ fyi, my personal bet is that it's usually pretty stable except
> for sites in strangely unstable routing environments.  but i am
> under my quota of wrong for the week. ]

My opinion extends to presuming that networks with issues visible
in off-net anycast are generally not deterministic in steady state
and fail the third need of goodput in the classic "paths must be
short, fast and stable" troika.

Cheers,

Joe

--
             RSUC / GweepNet / Spunk / FnB / Usenix / SAGE