[iptv-users] Introducing myself

Frank Bulk - iName.com frnkblk at iname.com
Thu Jun 11 22:17:10 EDT 2009

I work for a small service provider in Iowa that currently uses Myrio 3.7.5
with MPEG-2 video streams encrypted with Verimatrix.  We use a regional
headend that uses mostly Motorola (previously Tut) Astria MPEG-2 encoders
and some Modulus encoders.  Our local encoder is a Skystream Mediaplex.
We'll be migrating to MPEG-4 this year that I believe will be mostly based
on Modulus encoders, and keep using the Mediaplex for locally encoded
content.  MPEG-4 encoding is still too expensive for us to jump into right
now.  We use Amino 110 STBs today but will be moving to Amino 130/530 STBs
with our MPEG-4 platform.

Our access platform is Calix with customers using ADSL2/2+ DSL modems from
Comtrend.

Frank