[iptv-users] Open source IPTV bits

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jun 12 14:23:55 EDT 2009

Interesting.  The only other place I recall where IPTV over wireless has
happened in Dartmouth, but I know there are some other higher-ed schools
that have played with it.

If you're transmitting local content, you're right, encryption isn't
necessary.  It's a whole different ball of wax.  I believe the University of
Delft (in the Netherlands) is doing IPTV to the dorms, and they're operating
under a different approach (school, not in USA) and not using encryption.
That means they can use VLC Player and other clients to view the video,
unlike US service providers that need to work through the CA piece.

Frank