[iptv-users] STB/video stream monitoring

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Jun 30 12:02:31 EDT 2009

Is anyone doing any video stream error monitoring/checking from the
point-of-view of the STB?  I know that there is at least one vendor out
there, Psytechnics, that has a module it can integrate into the middleware
of the STB, but I haven't see IPTV middleware vendors picking that up.  I
know that the Amino 110 writes out some rudimentary stats to the drive.

We track most of our video problems based on the 15-minute PM bins that our
transport gear's ADSL ports record, but nothing L4 and up.

Ideally every STB would have something Psytechnic-like built in.

Frank