[iptv-users] HPNA/HPNA Testing

Glenn Short Glenns at LNEtelco.com
Wed Jan 6 11:25:56 EST 2010

		We are starting to deploy IPTV out to our customers over our
FTTH network. When we get into the houses that already have our old RF video
that is running over RG-59 and RG-6 COAX we have tried using some of the
HCNA and HPNA products that are available.  We are wondering what effect the
different splitters have on the through put of the digital signal.  The old
RF system used db loss as a measurement. What type of test and testers can
be used to check the existing coaxial wiring in the houses to make sure we
are getting the best performance to our STB?  What is the difference between
the rg-59 and the rg-6 as far as through put goes?  I know RG-6 the better
of the 2, but what are the limitations?
Any tips and tricks as far as house wiring goes?

Glenn Short, General Manager
Lost Nation - Elwood Telephone Company
Lost Nation, Iowa
glenns at LNEtelco.com