[iptv-users] 8 port switch

Ivo ivo.blazko at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:25:17 EDT 2010

Without IGMP snooping multicast will be treated as broadcast traffic, being
forwarded to all ports (except the receiving one obviously), meaning a huge
amount of traffic/pps in case you have multiple STBs on the switch. This
could make your switch to go bonkers after a while, did you test this in
your lab?

Regards,
Ivo