[iptv-users] Budgetary pricing for encoders

Jared Gordon jaredgordon at wctatel.com
Tue Aug 23 09:56:45 EDT 2011

Sorry Frank- I don't have an answer for you.  It's probably going to be
close to 20K/channel as you were thinking.  I've been watching a project
called "Open Broadcast Encoder" that runs on commodity hardware.  If you
don't mind getting your hands dirty, that might be a cheaper option.

http://obe.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Broadcast_Encoder_Wiki