[iptv-users] Open Source Broadcast Encoder

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Wed Feb 16 07:23:09 EST 2011

On Wed Feb 16, 2011 at 04:15:18AM -0800, Kieran Kunhya wrote:
> In other news, OBE-VoD streams have successfully passed through
> TeliaSonera's IPTV chain. There is also further news coming soon
> about OBE-VoD's use for US Cable/IPTV.

OBE-VoD looks good, thanks!

Are you aware of an open-source solution for VoD serving? I'm trying to build
an IPTV solution using as many open-source solutions as possible, tied
together with a chunk of in-house code (e.g. the Middleware). We're targetting
Motorola STB's (VIP19xx), and Amino STB's (Ax3x).

Simon