[Irtf-rr] AW: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

Hummel Heinrich Heinrich.Hummel@icn.siemens.de
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 17:05:54 +0200

I am sorry, but there is no signalling (like RSVP, RSVP-TE, CR-LDP) for =
doing DiffRout.

Based on the information exchanged by the routing protocol (like OSPF) =
all nodes should be able to
compute the same smallest size tree which interconnects the edge =
routers (those with attached users or attached external interfaces), =
and which complies to some specific constraints =
(QoS/BW/Policy,eventually avoiding overlaps with other=20
road systems),and which are associated to the same DSCP(s).  // plural: =
see my  previous email from today

But there is no signalling as to "establish the DSCP-associated road =
system" !!!

However,it would be a fancy but completely new task to determine and =
establish an MPLS-road system,
which may lock MPLS-traffic into such slim Smallest Size Tree graphs. =
See all my work on establishing
the "road systems for VPNs" based on elementary+ hierarchical LSPs.

Heinrich

-----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----