[Irtf-rr] Re: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

shen jing jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 20:20:35 +0800

The discussion you mentioned is that of congestion removement by e2e
mechanism  or by routing. Professor Crowcroft proposed a method
named ECN++ which trigger a new path that acts when ECN bit is set
in packet header.

> Heinrich,
>
> -> yes,it is similar;
> -> but here it is about state-less IP forwarding, i.e. about
> -> forwarding the individual IP packets, without any
> -> RSVP path and without any MPLS path.
>
>   Oh! Ok...you would like to do Crankback in
>   connection less IP environments?!?
>
>   In such a case, you might find below paper interesting:
> http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/shivkuma/research/papers/te-latest.pdf
>
>   There was some discussion in E2E list regarding
>   pros & cons of this approach. I couldn't find the URL
>   but I vaguely remember that the subject of the discussion
>   is "EC++N" or something like that...
>
> --
> Venkata

Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG
ZheJiang University(YuQuan)
HangZhou, Z.J. 310027
P.R.China

Tel: +86-571-87932423
Mobile: (0)13516813753
Email: jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn

* The SunShine of life is made up of very little beams which is      *
*  bright all the time                                               *