[Irtf-rr] AW: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

Hummel Heinrich Heinrich.Hummel@icn.siemens.de
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:47:24 +0200

Let's assume there are two Smallest Size Tree road systems X1 and X2. =
X2 detours/avoids the kernel links of X1.
For some source/destination node pair the total pathes may be =
different. Or only the section in the middle is different.
Or only a section close to the source (or close to the dest.) is =
different. Whatever applies:
>From the point of congestion on road system X1 the packet my crankback =
(hereby source and dest. address are swapped)
to that first node which is also part of X2.
There  source and dest. address are swapped again,  DSCP-X1 is replaced =
by DSCP-X2 and the packet is  moved forward=20
via X2.

Heinrich

-----Urspr=A8=B9ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: shen jing [mailto:jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 14. August 2002 14:21
An: irtf-rr@puck.nether.net
Cc: 'Hummel Heinrich'; 'routing-discussion@ietf.org'
Betreff: Re: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

The discussion you mentioned is that of congestion removement by e2e
mechanism  or by routing. Professor Crowcroft proposed a method
named ECN++ which trigger a new path that acts when ECN bit is set=20
in packet header.

http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/shivkuma/research/papers/te-latest.pdf=

>=20
>   There was some discussion in E2E list regarding
>   pros & cons of this approach. I couldn't find the URL
>   but I vaguely remember that the subject of the discussion
>   is "EC++N" or something like that...
>=20
> --
> Venkata
>=20

--=20
Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG
ZheJiang University(YuQuan)
HangZhou, Z.J. 310027
P.R.China

Tel: +86-571-87932423
Mobile: (0)13516813753
Email: jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn

* The SunShine of life is made up of very little beams which is      *
*  bright all the time                                               *