[Irtf-rr] Re: AW: AW: Differentiated Routing, not only plain rambo-SPF

shen jing jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:03:17 +0800

Hummel,

the crankback could be assumed, but the difficulty exists with when it
is triggered.

No matter how the two trees are estabilished, the network traffic is
shown to be
self-similar, and with the increase of bandwidth*delay burst traffic
occurs frequently.

If a router react to transient overload, there may be a huge burden on
dealing with such
operations. So, I think this mechanism may be adpoted for broken links
but not for congestion.

--
Jing Shen

State Key Lab of CAD&CG
ZheJiang University(YuQuan)
HangZhou, Z.J. 310027
P.R.China

Tel: +86-571-87932423
Mobile: (0)13516813753
Email: jshen@cad.zju.edu.cn

* The SunShine of life is made up of very little beams which is      *
*  bright all the time                                               *