[Irtf-rr] draft-irtf-routing-reqs-00.txt

Yakov Rekhter yakov at juniper.net
Tue Aug 12 06:33:44 EDT 2003

Avri,

> Hi,
>
> First apologies for talking so long to deliver.  I finally got the the
> joint draft done.  About a year late.
>
> ---
>
> 	Title		: Requirements for Inter Domain Routing
> 	Author(s)	: A. Doria et al.
> 	Filename	: draft-irtf-routing-reqs-00.txt
> 	Pages	: 70
> 	Date		: 2003-8-11
>
> These requirements for routing architectures are the product of two
> sub-groups with the IRTF Routing Research Group.  They represent two
> individual and separate views of the problem and of what is required
> to fix the problem. While speaking of requirements, the document is
> actually a recommendation to anyone who would create a routing
> architecture for the Internet in the coming years.
>
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-routing-reqs-00.txt
>
> ---
>
> This doc, except for the intro is a faithful (I hope) representation of
> the  final draft of each of the two sub-groups contributions.   In
> working through them (thanks to xml2rfc and Elwyn for the formatting) I
> found myself wondering how much the requirements had changed over the
> year that these sat.    In some respects, I believe they did, though
> not in any major sense.   The work that has gone into shoring up the
> current architecture has certainly made it appear more resilient.

Please add the following to the draft:

   This document doesn't make any claims with respect to
   whether it is possible to have a practical solution
   that meets all the requirements listed in this
   document.

or

   Discussion on whether it is possible to have a practical
   solution that meets all the requirements listed in this
   document is outside the scope of this document.

Yakov.