[j-nsp] recommendation for switches to use with an M10

Georgi Kostov kostov@mail.med.upenn.edu
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 15:03:41 -0500

Greetings!

I am new to Juniper products, so please forgive my lack of knowledge
that most of you already have.  We will be getting our new Internet
link via an M10 Juniper router (over single-mode fiber), and I need to
get a GigE switch to use with it that is supposed to avoid some
problems with multicasting that some switches have supposedly been
having when hooked-up to Juniper routers.  And in general, I'd be
interested to hear of any recommendations for a line of GigE and 10/100
switches that we can standardize on, here, as well as for vendors to
use.  I have been looking at Extreme and Foundry so far.

Thanks much in advance!

--Georgi