[j-nsp] IPv6 firewall

kura@iij.ad.jp kura@iij.ad.jp
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 02:11:18 +0900 (JST)

From: stuart@tech.org
Date: Tue Oct 01 2002 17:34:15 JST

> This "from" specification should also specify that the protocol is
> TCP; otherwise, it may be generating a match on packets that you do
> not intend that it match (such as routing protocol packets).
>
> Try:
>
>                   from {
>                       source-address {
>                           ::/0;
>                           3ffe:507:200::/56 except;  # example
>                       }
> 		      next-header tcp;
>                       destination-port telnet;
>                   }
>
> or something like that.

I added 'next-header tcp' in my filter but no changes were
observed.

And I think that routing is not my problem. The following
figure is a part of my test network.

     =+======+=  =+======+=
      | segA |    | segB |
   Router_A   M-10    Router_B

My problem is that ping6 from Router_A to loopback I/F of
Router_B, and from Router_B to loopback of Router_A, fail
only after appling the filter to lo0.0 of M-10. Of course
every router has route to segA, segB and loopback I/F of
each other even after appling the filter.

Best regards,
--
Tomohiko Kurahashi <kura@iij.ad.jp>
Network Engineering Division, Technology Department