[j-nsp] Weighted default routes in JunOS?

Rich Salaiz rsalaiz@juniper.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 22:12:11 -0700

Hi Chris --

It sounds like you are referring to the IOS concept of floating static
routes?  Where the same static route destination has multiple next-hops,
each with a different administrative distance?

If so, Junos has a similar concept called qualified next-hops, where a
static route destination can have multiple next-hops, each with a different
route preference (similar to administrative distance).

Here is a link for a description of the concept:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos54/swconfig54-routing/html/routing-tables-config6.html#1020874

And here is a link for an example:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos54/swconfig54-routing/html/routing-tables-config7.html#1020905

And here is an example: