[j-nsp] Weighted default routes in JunOS?

Chris Watson opsys@voodooland.net
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 19:49:11 -0500

I was talking to a friend today about a problem I was having and he
mentioned something off the cuff as we were chatting, about how he was
setting weighted default routes in IOS. I was wondering if JunOS has a
similar feature. Let me give an example (from memory) of what he was
saying.

0.0.0.0/0 interface s0/0
0.0.0.0/0 interface s0/1 10
0.0.0.0/0 interface s0/2 20

Would enable a default route on s0/0 and if that failed fall over to
the default route on s0/1 and if that fails fall over to s0/2. Using
numerical preference like you would for an MX host. Try the default
first if that fails try the default route with a value of 10 then 20
etc..
The above supposedly gets you a default route even if an interface goes
down that is marked as the default GW. Can you achieve something like
this in JunOS?

Chris
--
"I feel..thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much
bread. I need a holliday a very long holliday."