[j-nsp] Implementing Ethernet Aggregated Features

Robert Viau rviau at wcom.ca
Thu Apr 3 13:46:22 EST 2003

Well I've not physically looked at this M40 recently, but I noticed remotely
that it has more than one fxp interface :

Hardware inventory:
Item             Version  Part number  Serial number     Description
Chassis                                22138             m40
<snip>
SCB              REV 02   710-001838   <snip>            Internet Processor
II
<snip>

rviau at router> show interfaces brief | match fxp
Physical interface: fxp0, Administratively down, Physical link is Up
Physical interface: fxp1, Enabled, Physical link is Up
  Logical interface fxp1.0

rviau at router>

I figured running them to separate hubs and then into a management network
might add some additional redundancy over a single link.