[j-nsp] GRE tunnel requires PIC?

harry harry at juniper.net
Thu Aug 28 11:50:12 EDT 2003

Routing transit traffic over fxp0 is dangerous because it can generate a
lot of traffic over the internal PFE/RE link (fxp1).

While a TS PIC is not free, I believe that Juniper felt it was better to
pay more for being able to turn on services without the possibility of
impacting existing services and routing protocol convergence/stability.