[j-nsp] boolean math for communities

Avram Dorfman avram at juniper.net
Tue Dec 9 10:34:00 EST 2003

JUNOS policy only supports boolean operators, aka "policy expressions"
as members of policy chains. The operate on policies, not on
communities.

You can do some pretty interesting things with it, both in
import/export statements, and in policy subroutines. Read the docs
carefully though they don't behave exactly as you might guess.

Also, if you can get a hold of the Juniper book (Juniper Networks
Routers: The Complete Reference), if you're interested, my chapter
there on policy goes into significant (some might even say painful)
detail on how expressions & subroutines work & how you can use them.

-Avram