[j-nsp] Massive ICMP test. Could it generate problems?

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Wed Dec 10 12:29:50 EST 2003

The B-Chip is an ASIC which has channels which have bandwidth. Each
channel has queues that will limit bases on you CoS configuration.

As far as fragmentation goes the b-chip does not need protection from
the RE as you cannot ping enough traffic from the RE to cause the
b-chip any problems.

I am not an expert on the inner workings of the b-chip so you should
contact the JTAC if you have any further queries.

Gary