[j-nsp] autonomous-system N loops L / local-as N loops L

Jeff Wheeler jeff at reflected.net
Thu Dec 11 19:36:51 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 18:38, Gary Tate wrote:
> Hi Jeff - can give me your config and can you do a show version brief.
> I'd like to try and recreate this in the lab here.

Unfortunately I've already removed the autonomous-system N loops L from
my configuration, which was actually quite challenging as the CLI would
not co-operate. Only by deleting routing-options autonomous-system and
creating it again, was I able to alter the value from loops 2. I had
this trouble on both my affected boxes, running 6.1R1.4 and 6.1R2.2.

I also experience the same rpd restart problem on JunOS 6.1R1.4. One box
was upgraded to 6.1R2.2 to try to fix this problem, without success.

There is only one routing-instance on both affected boxes, and the value
used for loops in routing-options autonomous-system is the equal to or
greater than any configured protocol bgp group foo local-as loops value.

Further complicating my trouble-shooting process was that rpd would not
restart on *every* configuration commit. On some occassions I could make
large changes without trouble, and in other instances, the simple act of
issuing "commit" after making no changes at all, or simple changes such
as adding routing-options static routes, would cause an rpd restart.

--
Jeff at Reflected Networks