[j-nsp] JUNOS Equivalent to CISCO IOS next-hop-self

adel mezibra adel.mezibra at peoch.net
Mon Dec 15 17:00:00 EST 2003

sorry my previous mail miss some info :

you may also use something like :

policy-statement color-external-neighbor {
        then {
            color 666;
        }
    }
policy-statement next-hop-self {
        from color 666;
        then {
            next-hop self;
        }
    }

and use color-external-neighbor as import policy in all your bgp session
and use next-hop-self policy as export policy in your core full mesh group.
This will show the real next hop (/30) on the local router and from any
other
router on the backbone you will have the router loopback as nexthop.

adel mezibra