[j-nsp] JUNOS Equivalent to CISCO IOS next-hop-self

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Mon Dec 15 17:30:06 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 10:53:06PM +0100, adel mezibra wrote:
> you may also use something like :
>
> policy-statement color-external-neighbor {
>         then {
>             color 666;
>         }
>     }

Which is generally a bad idea because color influences the best path
decision process (if only as a very late criteria). Mark didn't think
of that when he did this band-aid for the lack of "from protocol ebgp"
(or equivalent), I've already talked to him about that a couple of
months ago. :-)

> and use color-external-neighbor as import policy in your core bgp
> mesh group

You mean in a customer import chain, not on IBGP sessions...

Regards,
Daniel