[j-nsp] advertised route count

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Fri Dec 19 15:49:45 EST 2003

If you want to do it from the cli you can use:

show route advertising bgp x.x.x.x extensive | grep Pref | Count

This matches on one line of the output so you can get the number of
routes without any subtraction.

To see installed routes you should use:

run show pfe route summary

IPv4 Route Tables:
Index         Routes     Size(b)
--------  ----------  ----------
Default           26        1857
1                  4         281

MPLS Route Tables:
Index         Routes     Size(b)
--------  ----------  ----------
Default           10         707

IPV6 Route Tables:
Index         Routes     Size(b)
Default            6         473
1                  3         221

If you want to see routes from a particular protocol then the used next
hop is marked with a Active and you can match on that and count.

show route advertising bgp x.x.x.x extensive | grep <Active | Count

Gary