[j-nsp] vlan tagging, vlan ids, etc.

David William thedave_tpp at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 29 17:21:52 EST 2003

after looking throught the archives of this list (I should have looked a
little harder before posting) and some great help both publicly and
privately, I've got it to work.

here is what I did.

I left the juniper side the same except I changed vlan1 to vlan100 and made
adjustments to the cisco 3524.

I shutdown VLAN1 and set the IP address of the switch on VLAN100, trunked
the GigabitEthernet port and set the encap to dot1q.  Now everything is
happy.  If there is a cleaner way to do this, I would love to hear it.  The
"vlan dot1q tag native" doens't register to IOS C3500XL Software
(C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)WC3b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Thanks again for all the help with this!

David William