[j-nsp] Netscreen 204Firewall ----- Juniper IPSEC problem

Stephen Gill gillsr at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 28 20:52:15 EST 2003

A couple of other things to be aware of...

1. Try enabling: 'set flow path-mtu' on the netscreen (RFC 1191).
2. Make sure you aren't dropping fragmented packets on the network such
as on the NS.  'get zone <trust|untrust> screen  all | inc Fragment'
3.  You can try playing with the 'set vpn <name> df-bit
<clear|copy|set>.

I'm assuming the MTUs are all the same b/n A & B.  What size did you
need to reduce the MTU in order for the connection to work?  Typically
the 'set flow tcp-mss <value>' will work by causing systems to negotiate
a smaller packet size.  The MSS has a direct correlation to the MTU.

-- steve