[j-nsp] Policer Statistics (fwd)

Tay Chee Yong tcy at pacific.net.sg
Fri Jan 31 11:17:19 EST 2003

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your reply.

>From our configuration, the count comes before the policer statement. Even if I
type policer statement before the count statement, the config will still display
the count statement before the policer statement, as shown below.

policer icmp-cap {
    if-exceeding {
        bandwidth-limit 2m;
        burst-size-limit 16k;
    }
    then discard;
}

term icmp-anti-flooding {
    from {
        protocol icmp;
    }
    then {
        count icmp-anti-flooding;
        policer icmp-cap;
        sample;
        accept;
    }
}

So does the above config means that JUNOS will count the packets matching the
filter, then apply the policer?

Regards,
Cheeyong