[j-nsp] M10 and Cisco 2950

Michael Feng wsf at vodatelsys.com
Wed Jun 4 18:02:56 EDT 2003

HI£¬guys

 JUNIPER FE port connected to CISCO 2950

JUNIPER config£º

fe-0/1/3 {
    description "trunk to SWITCH Fe0/24 via FE ";
    vlan-tagging;
    speed 100m;
    link-mode full-duplex;
    unit 1 {
        description "native vlan ";
        vlan-id 1;
        family inet {
            address xxxx.5.15.xxx/30;
        }
    }
    inactive: unit 101 {
        description "to CUSTOMER #1 ";
        vlan-id 101;
        family inet {
            address xxxxxxxxxxxx/30;
        }
    }
    unit 102 {
        description "to CUSTOMER #2 ";
        vlan-id 102;
        family inet {
            address xxxxxxxxxxxx/30;
        }
    }
}

CISCO 2950 config£º
interface FastEthernet0/1
 description VPN to CUSTOMER #1
 switchport access vlan 101
 no ip address
!
interface FastEthernet0/2
 description VPN to CUSTOMER #2
 switchport access vlan 102
 no ip address
!
interface FastEthernet0/24
 description trunk to JUNIPER fe-0/1/3
 switchport trunk native vlan 2
 switchport mode trunk
 no ip address
 duplex full
 speed 100
 no cdp enable
!

 In JUNIPER£¬monitor interface fe-0/1/3, found following £º
Error statistics:
  Input errors:            0                          [0]
  Input drops:             0                          [0]
  Input framingerrors:     0                          [0]
  Policed discards:      24642                  [1]
  L3 incompletes:           0                         [0]
  L2 channel errors:        0                         [0]
  L2 mismatch timeouts:  206529                [10]
  Carrier transitions:                  0                               [0]
  Output errors:                        0                               [0]
  Output drops:                         0                               [0]
  Aged packets:                         0                               [0]

Could you pls tell me what policed discards is?
How to solve the problem?

What is L2 mismatch timeouts? what to cause it?

I personally think it is misconfig between cisco and juniper, 2950 should change the config.

Pls help with this matter.

 Regards

¡¡¡¡