[j-nsp] ERX High SRP Processor utilization--lots of ICMP--

Jeronimo Diez de Sollano Velazco Aceves jdiez at bestel.com.mx
Fri Jun 13 12:19:47 EDT 2003

Hello
We have an ERX wit two STM-4 linemodules and 1 4STM1 linemodule. We are
running BGP full routing and OSPF as iBGP.
We haver the SRP processor of the ERX about 60 %.
We can see a lot of ICMP but when we do the icmptraffic debug then we can
see that the addresses that answer the ICMP requests are the Broadcast
address of the point to point links with other routers.

Do anyone know how can i disable this echos?

Tha process that uses the highest percentage of processor is "background".
Do anyone know what this background process runs (the only thing i could
find is that synchronization of SRPs is included...but What else!????).

Any comments are welcome.

Regards

Jeronimo Diez