[j-nsp] juniper simulator?!?!

Stephen Gill gillsr at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 13:45:47 EST 2003

Preach it NAIDOO!

-- steve

-----Original Message-----
From: juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:juniper-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of NAIDOO Kesva
FTLD/IAP
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 1:35 PM
To: nic at gblx.net; Sabri Berisha; Joshua Smith;
juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: RE: [j-nsp] juniper simulator?!?!

Every time the question of OLIVES comes up it creates lots of
discussion. We
know that there are still Olives out there. We also know that Juniper
themselves still use them and they were the guys that invented them in
the
first place. For an individual that is attempting to do the JNCIE
funding
one's own lab is cost prohibitive unless you work for a company that has
lots of equipment to play with. The CCIE was not costly for $10.000.00
you
could build your lab at home. You cannot do this with Juniper. So as
long as
there is a way to build these OLIVES people will continuously try to so
do
and Juniper will always say that it cannot be done and only supports
certain
JUNOS etc. etc.
Now that I have had my 2 cents worth can we please stop this discussion
as
it opens a whole new can of worms every time it is brought up. Bottom
line,
if we want to play with Juniper, buy the routers.

Kesva