[j-nsp] juniper books

Stephen McCarthy stephen_mccarthy at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 16:43:56 EST 2003

Josh,

If your network supports multicast or you have plans to support it, I
recommend the multicast book (Interdomain Multicast Routing, by Edwards,
Giuliano and Wright). I had always had trouble grasping the finer points of
multicast, but this book gave me the necessary understanding of the
protocols both at the conceptual and practical level.

The book discusses theory and gives practical real-world configs examples
for both Juniper and Cisco routers (which will help the jump from Cisco to
Juniper). All around its one of the better practical technical books I've
read. The MSDP and the SSM chapters in particular are clear sources of info
for these protocols, and the explanation of the MSDP RPF rules alone is
worth the book's purchase.

Cheers,
Steve

news:576HBZuEx3312S03.1046291449 at uwdvg003.cms.usa.net...