[j-nsp] How to prevent black-hole in NSSA

AM Shaikh junosuser at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 31 22:05:52 EST 2003

Hi Michael

If I understand it correct your problem is due to the
OSPF behaviour in case of more than one ABR in an NSSA
... by nature of ospf only one router will do the type
7 to type 5 translation. That might result in
suboptimal routing sometimes as routers in other areas
will know to reach the nssa externals only via the
advertising ABR.

Here the ABR with higher router will perform the
translation.

If you know which path would be optimal, then I guess
you will have to manually make the preferred ABR to
have higher router-id.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
AMS