[j-nsp] slow telnet session

Yu-lin Chang ylchang at ascc.net
Tue May 27 11:12:01 EDT 2003

Hi Michael,

I think the slow telnet/ssh session is caused by,
  1. your source ip (the PC, say ip#1) did not have name.
  2. the dns server that serves the ip#1 did not seted properly.

When you telnet to router from the PC (ip#1), the router try
to resolves the ip#1 to name by querys the DNS server.

So, you can do one of these,
  1. delete name-server setting by
      [edit system]
        delete name-server
        delete domain-name
        delete domain-search
     then your router will not try to resolves ip to name.
     also, you have to use ip instead of name when you
     run the traceroute/ping... on router.
  2. try to fix the dns server problem :p :p

Hope these help

BR,
Yu-lin Chang
Academia Sinica Computing Center, Taiwan.