[j-nsp] High latency and slow connections

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Wed Nov 5 11:16:21 EST 2003

Are the pings transiting the M5 or source from the RE?

You say you have a fastethernet connected box.  Where is this box
connected, is it on the production network or connected to the
management network via fxp0?

If the FE Box is on the network, is there any other equipment in the
path?  Do you have a way to isolate a path to carry out transit pings
across the M5 only?

It is hard to think of a cause for such a dramatic increase in the data
plane of the M5, only buffering would introduce such delays and as the
interfaces have low levels of traffic this would not be the case.  If
however the pings are being sourced from the RE there may be some
increased control traffic that is taking precedence over the pings.

Gary